Technical Support Specialist
Coretex is a world-leading technology company that creates innovative fleet management and IOT solutions for organisations that operate in mission-critical environments. Our start-up culture and ‘can-do’ attitude helps us take on the best and win. Our proprietary technology platform helps organisations run more efficiently and comply with complex legislation through intelligent use of data gathered directly from fleet assets.
Coretex has customers all over the globe. Our business is run from offices in New York, San Diego, Auckland, and Sydney. We have ambitious growth plans that will see us further expand operations over the coming weeks, months and years.
At Coretex we believe that technology should be used to create a safer, cleaner and more productive society. The world’s resources are under increasing pressure - to keep growing, we have got to figure out how to do more with less.
Our goal is to help operators drive better business results by improving their asset utilization, reducing fuel consumption and minimising the wear and tear on people and machines - all whilst ensuring that operators remain compliant with all relevant legislation.
Purpose of this Role
To support our customers to find effective solutions to queries or issues. Key to this will be an excellent understanding their needs and a solutions-oriented mindset with a great customer service ethic.
Critical to this role is the ability to listen to customers, understand their needs and solve their problems. The successful candidate will be a true customer champion, will be enthusiastic and willing to go the extra mile to ensure that customers get exactly what they need. The candidate will also need to be technically savvy and understand the fast changing world of technology that we operate in.
The outcomes listed below describe the tasks you may be expected to carry out. This list is indicative of the role and is not exhaustive.
- Ensure customer satisfaction is maintained throughout and during and following any implementation project.
- Provide technical and product support to new and existing customers.
- Advocate customer needs/issues cross-departmentally.
- Utilise Salesforce & Epicor to ensure that all cases are captured and actively managed.
- Establish and manage effective support processes to support customers to a high standard.
- Establish and maintain relationships in the company to minimise any churn.
- Handle customer issues and escalate where necessary to ensure customer satisfaction targets are met.
- Develop and implement a regular reporting regime of support activity.
- Ensure that all activities are conducted in an ethical honest manner in line with company policies and within an economical framework.
Quality / Health & Safety Accountability
All staff are authorised to take suitable action to prevent, avoid and where possible eliminate quality and health and safety issues within their job area.
- Customer service support – Acts as the routine contact point, receiving and handling requests for support. Responds to a broad range of service requests for support by providing information to fulfill requests or enable resolution. Provides first line investigation and diagnosis and promptly allocates unresolved issues as appropriate. Assists with the development of standards, and applies these to track, monitor, report, resolve or escalate issues. Contributes to creation of support documentation.
- Analysing – Analyses relevant sources of information (verbal, numerical, other, etc). Breaks information into component parts, patterns and relationships. Probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem. Makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis. Produces workable solutions to a range of problems. Demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be a part of a much larger system.
- Planning and organising – Sets clearly defined objectives. Plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances. Manages time effectively. Identifies and organizes resources needed to accomplish tasks. Monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
- Presenting and communicating information – Speaks clearly and fluently. Expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly. Makes presentations an undertakes public speaking with skill and confidence. Responds quickly to the needs of an audience and to their reactions and feedback. Projects credibility.
- Creating and innovating – Produces a range of solutions to problems. Seeks opportunities for improvement.
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations – Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction. Sets high standards for quality and quantity. Monitors and maintains quality and productivity. Works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way. Consistently achieves project goals.
- Adapting and responding to change – Adapts to changing circumstances. Accepts new ideas and change initiatives. Adapts interpersonal style to suit different people or situations. Shows respect and sensitivity towards cultural and religious differences. Deals with ambiguity, making positive use of the opportunities it presents.
- Coping with pressures and setbacks – Works productively in a high pressure environment. Keeps emotions under control during difficult situations. Balances the demands of work life and personal life. Maintains a positive outlook at work. Handles criticism well and learns from it.
A science, engineering, computer sciences, business degree or polytechnic qualification is preferred but not mandatory for the right candidate.
Relevant sector experience will be valued alongside of any academic qualifications.
- Customer Service / Technical Support / Technical Account Management experience required.
- Previous experience in a technical services desk environment is highly desirable
- Technology industry experience such as Telematics, SaaS, IoT, and Wireless preferred
Why Work with Us
This is a great time to join an agile and fast growing NZ technology company that’s taking on the world. Coretex is the kind of company that gives you the opportunity to make a difference.
The Coretex team is driven, professional and focused. We’re big on teamwork and open doors. We are passionate about providing our customers with the best technology and experience, and we like to have fun while we’re doing so.
The development and growth opportunities are as unlimited as our business growth – locally and internationally.
The position will be based in Fort Lee, NJ
Get in touch.
Please provide a covering letter and attach your C.V.