Technical Lead Developer
Coretex is a world-leading technology company that creates innovative fleet management and IOT solutions for organisations that operate in mission-critical environments. Our start-up culture and ‘can-do’ attitude helps us take on the best and win. Our proprietary technology platform helps organisations run more efficiently and comply with complex legislation through intelligent use of data gathered directly from fleet assets.
Coretex has customers all over the globe. Our business is run from offices in New York, San Diego, Auckland, and Sydney. We have ambitious growth plans that will see us further expand operations over the coming weeks, months and years.
At Coretex we believe that technology should be used to create a safer, cleaner and more productive society. The world’s resources are under increasing pressure - to keep growing, we have got to figure out how to do more with less.
Our goal is to help operators drive better business results by improving their asset utilization, reducing fuel consumption and minimising the wear and tear on people and machines - all whilst ensuring that operators remain compliant with all relevant legislation.
Purpose of this Role
Accountable for leading Coretex 360 team using Agile methodology and Scrum, helping to remove all technical blockers and taking ownership of the outcome of every sprint, while continuously working closely with the Software Development Manager and the Solution Architect to improve process.
The outcomes listed below describe the tasks the Technical Lead Developer may be expected to carry out. This list is indicative of the role and is not exhaustive.
- Lead and mentor a mixed team of junior and senior level engineers
- Own the responsibility and outcome every sprint/iteration
- Organize daily scrum meetings in the capacity of a scrum master.
- Plan and conduct all scrum ceremonies in the capacity of a scrum master.
- Update sprint tracker with accurate information to identify the risk and issues proactively.
- Implement project management's best practices and coding standards.
- Coding and unit testing.
- Guide and mentor a group of .NET developers, helping them build their skills and advance their careers
- Work in an Agile environment as part of a cross-functional team of developers, business analyst and testers
- Identify and implement improvements to the development practice to help us build better software, faster
- Review and critique technical specifications to ensure the security, performance and scalability of our platform.
- Continuously assess project's risk and propose mitigation action planning with the Software Development Manager.
- Lead the effort to build and deploy the application to all the necessary environments
- Assist to troubleshoot and resolve production critical problem during a crisis/escalation.
The Technical Lead Developer role reports directly to the Software Development Manager but works closes with the Solution Architect(s) assigned to his/her team.
This role will require effective relationships with the following teams and roles:
- Team lead.
- Solution Architects
- Level 3/ Production Team
- Software Developers
- Mobile Engineers
- Hardware & firmware Engineers
- Other members of the engineering group
- Product management team
- Project management team
Team Member Responsibilities
In consultation with management and your team;
- Establish the most appropriate work and project related goals.
- Ensure goals can be directly related to company objectives.
- Break goals down into specific, achievable and measurable objectives for team.
- Document these to form a suitable work Plans.
- Schedule regular meetings with your supervisor to review progress against plans.
Quality / Health & Safety Accountability
All staff are authorised to take suitable action to prevent, avoid and where possible eliminate quality and health and safety issues within their job area.
- C# .Net 3.5 & 4.0
- Web Services
- SQL Server 2014
- Strong development skills
- Superior analysis and design abilities
- Superior problem solving skills
- Superior technical integration skills
- Agile methodology
Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential. Both written and Oral.
- A Bachelor's degree or higher qualification in engineering or computer science, or related discipline and 5+ years of progressively responsible experience for the engineering function in a company or division of a large corporation is a prerequisite for this position.
Why Work with Us
This is a great time to join an agile and fast growing NZ technology company that’s taking on the world. Coretex is the kind of company that gives you the opportunity to make a difference.
The Coretex team is driven, professional and focused. We’re big on teamwork and open doors. We are passionate about providing our customers with the best technology and experience, and we like to have fun while we’re doing so.
The development and growth opportunities are as unlimited as our business growth – locally and internationally.
The position will be based in Grafton, Auckland
Get in touch.
Please provide a covering letter and attach your C.V.