Coretex is a world-leading technology company that creates innovative fleet management and IoT solutions for organisations that operate in mission-critical environments. Our start-up culture and ‘can-do’ attitude helps us take on the best and win. Our proprietary technology platform helps organisations run more efficiently and comply with complex legislation through intelligent use of data gathered directly from fleet assets.
Coretex has customers all over the globe. Our business is run from offices in New York, San Diego, Auckland, and Sydney. We have ambitious growth plans that will see us further expand operations over the coming weeks, months and years.
At Coretex we believe that technology should be used to create a safer, cleaner and more productive society. The world’s resources are under increasing pressure - to keep growing, we have got to figure out how to do more with less.
Our goal is to help operators drive better business results by improving their asset utilization, reducing fuel consumption and minimising the wear and tear on people and machines - all whilst ensuring that operators remain compliant with all relevant legislation.
Purpose of this Role
The Solutions Architect is a key member of the platforms and architecture team at Coretex. They will develop technical solutions architectures across multiple cloud technologies as well as mobile.
The role will ensure the our technical solutions are well designed and constructed to meet the demands of our customers as well as handle our changing business needs. This will include integrating legacy systems into new platforms and ensuring key architectural decisions are clearly articulated to ensure business agility.
The outcomes listed below describe the tasks the Solutions Architect may be expected to carry out. This list is indicative of the role and is not exhaustive.
- Ownership and architecting of all of Coretex’s cloud solutions including technical design and extensions to support future business requirements.
- Technical engagement with product owners and/or customers to ensure technical oversight is maintained during any changes or additions to the overall solutions architecture.
- Ensure the architecture is well documented and communicated to the engineering teams.
- Provide technical input and analysis into technical challenges faced by product teams during issue resolution or new feature development.
- Responsible for leading and reviewing changes in current state application solutions (business process/rule impacts, applications, services, network, infrastructure, security).
- Responsible for creating or coordinating the end to end design for net new application capability at Coretex.
- Coordinating all design parties (where required) to deliver the final solution design for products.
- Other duties as reasonably required.
Quality / Health & Safety Accountability
All staff are authorised to take suitable action to prevent, avoid and where possible eliminate quality and health and safety issues within their job area.
- Software skills – Significant experience in a variety of cloud technologies including strong skills in ReactJS and C#. Familiarity with Android technologies would be beneficial.
- Solution architecture - Leads the development of architectures for complex solutions, ensuring consistency with specified requirements agreed with both external, and internal customers. Takes full responsibility for the balance between functional, service quality and systems management requirements within a significant area of the organisation. Establishes policy and strategy for the selection of solution architecture components, and co-ordinates design activities, promoting the discipline to ensure consistency. Ensures that appropriate standards (corporate, industry, national and international) are adhered to. Within a business change programme, manages the target design, policies and standards, working proactively to maintain a stable, viable architecture and ensure consistency of design across projects within the programme.
- Emerging technology monitoring - Plans and leads the identification and assessment of new and emerging technologies and the evaluation of the potential impacts, threats and opportunities. Creates technology roadmaps which align organisational plans with emerging technology solutions. Engages with, and influences, relevant stakeholders to obtain organisational commitment to technology roadmaps. Develops organisational guidelines for monitoring emerging technologies. Collaborates with internal and external parties to facilitate intelligence gathering.
- Planning and organising - Sets clearly defined objectives. Plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances. Manages time effectively. Identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks. Monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
- Deciding and initiating action - Makes prompt, clear decisions which may involve tough choices or considered risks. Takes responsibility for actions, projects and people. Takes initiative, acts with confidence and works under own direction. Initiates and generates activity.
- Presenting and communicating information - Speaks clearly and fluently. Expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly. Makes presentations and undertakes public speaking with skill and confidence. Responds quickly to the needs of an audience and to their reactions and feedback. Projects credibility.
- Creating and innovating - Produces new ideas, approaches or insights. Creates innovative products or designs. Produces a range of solutions to problems. Seeks opportunities for organisational improvement. Devises effective change initiatives.
- Adapting and responding to change – Adapts to changing circumstances. Accepts new ideas and change initiatives. Adapts interpersonal style to suit different people or situations. Shows respect and sensitivity towards cultural and religious differences. Deals with ambiguity, making positive use of the opportunities it presents.
- Coping with pressures and setbacks – Works productively in a high-pressure environment. Keeps emotions under control during difficult situations. Balances the demands of work life and personal life. Maintains a positive outlook at work. Handles criticism well and learns from it.
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject is highly desirable.
- Previous experience as a Solutions Architect in a similar role is essential.
- Previous experience in an IoT or SaaS business is highly desirable.
- Proven technical aptitude and curiosity.
Why Work with Us
This is a great time to join an agile and fast growing technology company that’s taking on the world. Coretex is the kind of company that gives you the opportunity to make a difference.
The Coretex team is driven, professional and focused. We’re big on teamwork and open doors. We are passionate about providing our customers with the best technology and experience, and we like to have fun while we’re doing so.
The development and growth opportunities are as unlimited as our business growth – locally and internationally.
The position will be based in Newmarket, Auckland.
Get in touch.
Please provide a covering letter and attach your C.V.