Senior Android Developer - Innovation
Coretex is a world-leading technology company that creates innovative fleet management and IOT solutions for organisations that operate in mission-critical environments. Our start-up culture and ‘can-do’ attitude helps us take on the best and win. Our proprietary technology platform helps organisations run more efficiently and comply with complex legislation through intelligent use of data gathered directly from fleet assets.
Coretex has customers all over the globe. Our business is run from offices in New York, San Diego, Auckland, and Sydney. We have ambitious growth plans that will see us further expand operations over the coming weeks, months and years.
At Coretex we believe that technology should be used to create a safer, cleaner and more productive society. The world’s resources are under increasing pressure - to keep growing, we have got to figure out how to do more with less.
Our goal is to help operators drive better business results by improving their asset utilization, reducing fuel consumption and minimising the wear and tear on people and machines - all whilst ensuring that operators remain compliant with all relevant legislation.
Purpose of this Role
Responsible for contributing to the build and evolution of Coretex’s software products and new product families in conjunction with the broader Innovation team.
Contribute to the development of new products or platforms as required.
Build and deploy software
Assist with deployment of software environments
Work with the team lead and project manager to manage timeframes and deliverable planning.
Work with the solution architect to produce and understand system architecture.
Other duties as reasonably required.
Quality / Health & Safety Accountability
All staff are authorised to take suitable action to prevent, avoid and where possible eliminate quality and health and safety issues within their job area.
- Coding skills – Android, Java, unit testing, microservice architecture, C++.
- Programming/software development - Takes technical responsibility across all stages and iterations of software development. Plans and drives software construction activities. Adopts and adapts appropriate software development methods, tools and techniques selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches. Measures and monitors applications of project/team standards for software construction including software security. Contributes to the development of organisational policies, standards, and guidelines for software development.
- Real-time/embedded systems development - Develops real-time/embedded software architectures and designs to meet agreed systems specifications within resource constraints due to power, cost, physical space, response time and reliability. Selects programming languages, models, techniques, specialised tools and hardware to enable the design, development, debugging and validation of real-time/embedded software. Plans and manages real- time/embedded systems developments. Undertakes impact analysis on major design options and trade-offs between hardware and software, makes recommendations and assesses and manages associated risks. Validates and verifies other’s designs to ensure selection of appropriate components and efficient use of resources. Investigates the impact of software requirements with complementary hardware and other related disciplines such as electrics, electronics, mechanics, acoustics, physiology and optics.
- Software design - Selects, adopts and adapts appropriate software design methods, tools and techniques; selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches. Specifies and designs large or complex software components. Undertakes impact analysis on major design options, makes recommendations and assesses and manages associated risks. Specifies prototypes/simulations to enable informed decision making. Evaluates the quality of others' systems designs to ensure adherence to standards and identifies corrective action, if needed. Ensures that the system design balances functional, quality, security and systems management requirements. Contributes to development of organisational software design and architecture policies and standards.
- Presenting and communicating information - Speaks clearly and fluently. Expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly. Makes presentations and undertakes public speaking with skill and confidence. Responds quickly to the needs of an audience and to their reactions and feedback. Projects credibility.
- Applying expertise and technology - Applies specialist and detailed technical expertise. Develops job knowledge and expertise through continual professional development. Shares expertise and knowledge with others. Uses technology to achieve work objectives. Demonstrates an understanding of different organisational departments and functions.
- Creating and innovating - Produces new ideas, approaches or insights. Creates innovative products or designs. Produces a range of solutions to problems. Seeks opportunities for organisational improvement.
- Planning and organising - Sets clearly defined objectives. Plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances. Manages time effectively. Identifies and organises resources need to accomplish tasks. Monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations - Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction. Sets high standards for quality and quantity. Monitors and maintains quality and productivity. Works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way. Consistently achieves project goals.
- Adapting and responding to change - Adapts to changing circumstances. Accepts new ideas and change initiatives. Adapts interpersonal style to suit different people or situations. Shows respect and sensitivity towards cultural and religious differences. Deals with ambiguity, making positive use of the opportunities it presents.
- Coping with pressures and setbacks - Works productively in a high pressure environment. Keeps emotions under control during difficult situations. Balances the demands of work life and personal life. Maintains a positive outlook at work. Handles criticism well and learns from it.
- Bachelors degree in a relevant subject is highly desirable
Strong previous experience in software engineering with good Android and Java skills is essential
Previous experience in Agile environments is essential
Previous experience in IoT environments is highly desirable.
Why Work with Us
This is a great time to join an agile and fast-growing technology company that’s taking on the world. Coretex is the kind of company that gives you the opportunity to make a difference.
The Coretex team is driven, professional and focused. We’re big on teamwork and open doors. We are passionate about providing our customers with the best technology and experience, and we like to have fun while we’re doing so.
The development and growth opportunities are as unlimited as our business growth – locally and internationally.
The position will be based in Newmarket, Auckland.
Get in touch.
Please provide a covering letter and attach your C.V.