Senior Manager, Customer Success
At Coretex we believe that technology should be used to create a safer, cleaner and more productive society. The world’s resources are under increasing pressure - to keep growing, we have got to figure out how to do more with less.
Our goal is to help operators drive better business results by improving their asset utilization, reducing fuel consumption and minimising the wear and tear on people and machines - all whilst ensuring that operators remain compliant with all relevant legislation.
Coretex is a world-leading technology company that creates innovative fleet management and IOT solutions for organisations that operate in mission-critical environments. Our start-up culture and ‘can-do’ attitude helps us take on the best and win. Our proprietary technology platform helps organisations run more efficiently and comply with complex legislation through intelligent use of data gathered directly from fleet assets.
Coretex has customers all over the globe. Our business is run from offices in New York, San Diego, Auckland, and Sydney. We have ambitious growth plans that will see us further expand operations over the coming weeks, months and years.
Purpose of this Role
The Senior Manager, Customer Success provides leadership, insight, and oversees the activities of the North American Customer Success team, supporting multiple vertical industries and product and is responsible for the pre-sales, implementation, project management, and post-sales support of Coretex solutions.
The outcomes listed below describe the tasks the Senior Manager, Customer Success may be expected to carry out. This list is indicative of the role and is not exhaustive.
- Leads the Customer Success team and directs operational initiatives to maintain and support the highest level of customer service, satisfaction and retention.
- Establishes policies, procedures, training and information flow to assure optimal performance and maintenance of the North American installed base.
- Partners with Product Marketing, Engineering and Development to represent voice of the customer in assuring reliability, serviceability and maintainability of updates and new product releases.
- Fosters a success-oriented and accountable environment.
- Develops and monitors performance and productivity metrics to ensure optimal operational efficiencies across all verticals.
- Other duties as reasonably required.
Quality / Health & Safety Accountability
All staff are authorised to take suitable action to prevent, avoid and where possible eliminate quality and health and safety issues within their job area.
- Customer success management – Leads the region’s customer success activities to ensure they are aligned with company policy and objectives. Initiates the development of activity in customer support and related systems. Works closely with colleagues across the organisation to ensure that customers are assisted and advised properly. Ensures that reliable cost, effort and risk estimates and project plans are produced. Manages all customer success activities, taking full responsibility for the technical content of bids and sales proposals. Establishes metrics to provide data on performance and help with the continuous improvement of sales support activities. Combines strategic and tactical expertise to produce results. Instrumental in achieving customer satisfaction and operational effectiveness goals while controlling costs through effective operations and development practices, team building, and leadership expertise.
- Relationship management - Identifies the communication and relationship needs of stakeholder groups. Translates communications/stakeholder engagement strategies into specific activities and deliverables. Facilitates open communication and discussion between stakeholders, acting as a single point of contact by developing, maintaining and working to stakeholder engagement strategies and plans. Provides informed feedback to assess and promote understanding. Facilitates business decision-making processes. Captures and disseminates technical and business information.
- Performance management - Supervises individuals and teams. Allocates routine tasks and/or project work. Provides direction, support and guidance as necessary, in line with individuals’ skills and abilities. Monitors progress against agreed quality and performance criteria. Acts to facilitate effective working relationships between team members.
- Planning and organising - Sets clearly defined objectives. Plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances. Manages time effectively. Identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks. Monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
- Willingness to travel across North America as required.
Leadership and Behavioural Competencies
- Deciding and initiating action - Makes prompt, clear decisions which may involve tough choices or considered risks. Takes responsibility for actions, projects and people. Takes initiative, acts with confidence and works under own direction. Initiates and generates activity.
- Leading and supervising – Provides others with a clear direction. Sets appropriate standards of behaviour. Delegates work appropriately and fairly. Motivates and empowers others. Provides staff with development opportunities and coaching. Recruits staff of a high calibre.
- Relating and networking - Establishes good relationships with customers and staff. Builds wide and effective networks of contacts inside and outside the organisation. Relates well to people at all levels. Manages conflict. Uses humour appropriately to enhance relationships with others.
- Persuading and influencing - Makes a strong personal impression on others. Gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating. Promotes ideas on behalf of self or others. Makes effective use of political processes to influence and persuade others.
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations – Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction. Sets high standards for quality and quantity. Monitors and maintains quality and productivity. Works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way. Consistently achieves project goals.
- Coping with pressures and setbacks - Works productively in a high pressure environment. Keeps emotions under control during difficult situations. Balances the demands of work life and personal life. Maintains a positive outlook at work. Handles criticism well and learns from it.
- Bachelors degree in a relevant discipline is desirable.
- A proven track record in handling challenging customer situations with positive results is essential.
- Prior experience working in a demanding, fast-paced customer environment is essential.
- Prior team leadership experience is highly desirable.
- Prior IOT or hardware experience is desirable.
Why Work with Us
This is a great time to join an agile and fast growing technology company that’s taking on the world. Coretex is the kind of company that gives you the opportunity to make a difference.
The Coretex team is driven, professional and focused. We’re big on teamwork and open doors. We are passionate about providing our customers with the best technology and experience, and we like to have fun while we’re doing so.
The development and growth opportunities are as unlimited as our business growth – locally and internationally.
The position will be based in San Diego, CA
Get in touch.
Please provide a covering letter and attach your C.V.