Android Test Analyst
Coretex is a world-leading technology company that creates innovative fleet management and IOT solutions for organisations that operate in mission-critical environments. Our start-up culture and ‘can-do’ attitude helps us take on the best and win. Our proprietary technology platform helps organisations run more efficiently and comply with complex legislation through intelligent use of data gathered directly from fleet assets.
Coretex has customers all over the globe. Our business is run from offices in New York, San Diego, Auckland, and Sydney. We have ambitious growth plans that will see us further expand operations over the coming weeks, months and years.
At Coretex we believe that technology should be used to create a safer, cleaner and more productive society. The world’s resources are under increasing pressure - to keep growing, we have got to figure out how to do more with less.
Our goal is to help operators drive better business results by improving their asset utilization, reducing fuel consumption and minimising the wear and tear on people and machines - all whilst ensuring that operators remain compliant with all relevant legislation.
Purpose of this Role
Responsible for providing manual and automation testing advice and services, and assist other team members with testing issues. Owing the quality of all items tested within every sprint/iteration.
The outcomes listed below describe the tasks the Test Automation Analyst may be expected to carry out. This list is indicative of the role and is not exhaustive.
- Collaborating with developers, business analysts and product owners to understand testing needs and identify opportunities for automated, manual and load testing.
- Ensuring that automated and manual test scripts are created, maintained and executed to meet software release deliverables and project testing requirements.
- Confirming that load test scripts are created, maintained and executed to provide consistent baselines and measurement of the performance of applications to meet software release deliverables and project testing requirements.
- Ensuring that automated test scripts are created, maintained and executed to create test and training data.
- Confirming application and infrastructure changes are thoroughly tested and test tools are used appropriately to ensure an effective and efficient test process.
- Ensuring that automated test scripts are created, maintained and executed to support integrated testing
- Providing accurate reporting of problems identified during test execution and ensuring appropriate resolution.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of test quality by undertaking reviews and recommending improvements.
- Participate in daily scrum meetings.
- Working with the development and business analyst teams to understand how changes in the software product affect maintenance of automated and load test scripts as well as automated test environments.
- Creating and executing release and upgrade automation and/or manual test scripts.
- Developing and maintaining automation test suites for Smoke, Functional, Regression and Performance tests to ensure code is functioning as designed.
- Troubleshoot defects and manage defect tracking and resolution for defects related to automated and load testing.
- Creation and maintenance of test documents.
- Responsible for ensuring quality standards the department expects are adhered to.
- Work in an Agile environment as part of a cross-functional team with business analyst, software developers, technical team leads and other testers.
- Other duties as reasonably required.
Quality / Health & Safety Accountability
All staff are authorised to take suitable action to prevent, avoid and where possible eliminate quality and health and safety issues within their job area.
- Testing - Accepts responsibility for creation of test cases using own in-depth technical analysis of both functional and non-functional specifications (such as reliability, efficiency, usability, maintainability and portability). Creates traceability records, from test cases back to requirements. Produces test scripts, materials and regression test packs to test new and amended software or services. Specifies requirements for environment, data, resources and tools. Interprets, executes and documents complex test scripts using agreed methods and standards. Records and analyses actions and results, and maintains a defect register. Reviews test results and modifies tests if necessary. Provides reports on progress, anomalies, risks and issues associated with the overall project. Reports on system quality and collects metrics on test cases. Provides specialist advice to support others.
- Quality management - Assists projects, functions or teams in planning the quality management for their area of responsibility. Assists in the development of new or improved practices and organisational processes or standards. Facilitates localised improvements to the quality system or services.
- Change management - Assesses, analyses, develops, documents and implements changes based on requests for change.
- Applying expertise and technology - Applies specialist and detailed technical expertise. Develops job knowledge and expertise through continual professional development. Shares expertise and knowledge with others. Uses technology to achieve work objectives. Demonstrates an understanding of different organisational departments and functions.
- Creating and innovating - Produces new ideas, approaches or insights. Creates innovative products or designs. Produces a range of solutions to problems. Seeks opportunities for organisational improvement.
- Planning and organising - Sets clearly defined objectives. Plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances. Manages time effectively. Identifies and organises resources need to accomplish tasks. Monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations - Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction. Sets high standards for quality and quantity. Monitors and maintains quality and productivity. Works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way. Consistently achieves project goals.
- Adapting and responding to change - Adapts to changing circumstances. Accepts new ideas and change initiatives. Adapts interpersonal style to suit different people or situations. Shows respect and sensitivity towards cultural and religious differences. Deals with ambiguity, making positive use of the opportunities it presents.
- Coping with pressures and setbacks - Works productively in a high pressure environment. Keeps emotions under control during difficult situations. Balances the demands of work life and personal life. Maintains a positive outlook at work. Handles criticism well and learns from it.
- A Bachelor's degree in a relevant subject is highly desirable
- Previous relevant experience in testing and quality is essential
- Prior telematics experience is desirable
Why Work with Us
This is a great time to join an agile and fast-growing technology company that’s taking on the world. Coretex is the kind of company that gives you the opportunity to make a difference.
The Coretex team is driven, professional and focused. We’re big on teamwork and open doors. We are passionate about providing our customers with the best technology and experience, and we like to have fun while we’re doing so.
The development and growth opportunities are as unlimited as our business growth – locally and internationally.
The position will be based in Newmarket, Auckland.
Get in touch.
Please provide a covering letter and attach your C.V.