Head of Marketing
Coretex is a world-leading technology company that creates innovative fleet management and IoT solutions for organisations that operate in mission-critical environments. Our start-up culture and ‘can-do’ attitude helps us take on the best and win. Our proprietary technology platform helps organisations run more efficiently and comply with complex legislation through intelligent use of data gathered directly from fleet assets.
Coretex has customers all over the globe. Our business is run from offices in New York, San Diego, Auckland, and Sydney. We have ambitious growth plans that will see us further expand operations over the coming weeks, months and years.
At Coretex we believe that technology should be used to create a safer, cleaner and more productive society. The world’s resources are under increasing pressure - to keep growing, we have got to figure out how to do more with less.
Our goal is to help operators drive better business results by improving their asset utilization, reducing fuel consumption and minimising the wear and tear on people and machines - all whilst ensuring that operators remain compliant with all relevant legislation.
Purpose of this Role
Responsible for the development and implementation of our global marketing strategy across numerous channels.
The outcomes listed below describe the tasks the Head of Marketing may be expected to carry out. This list is indicative of the role and is not exhaustive.
- Develop a comprehensive marketing and communications strategy to support the achievement of our business strategy across countries and verticals.
- Lead, develop and nurture a team of marketing, communications and digital specialists. This role will require first class performance management, coaching and personal development of this team.
- Take a lead role on all functions of the Marketing team, delegating responsibilities, whilst maintaining accountability for the team meeting key deliverables and outputs.
- Understand and employ technology to assist in capturing, communicating, and reporting across the wide variety of channels and campaigns.
- Work with the team to build their technical capability in their relevant disciplines.
- Ensure that our brand is consistently delivered across every touchpoint.
- Implement insights of industry landscape, competitor activity, innovation and trends.
- Manage all promotional events.
- Develop and manage global marketing budgets.
- Implement seasonal & future brand marketing strategies and aligning priorities with the overall business calendar and goals.
- Build the level of marketing and communications competency across the company as required.
- Any other duties as reasonably required.
Quality / Health & Safety Accountability
All staff are authorised to take suitable action to prevent, avoid and where possible eliminate quality and health and safety issues within their job area.
- Strong marketing leadership expertise – Determines and oversees the marketing and marketing planning strategy for the organisation. Makes strategic decisions regarding marketing plans and the planning process, placing online, web and digital marketing and communications at the hub of customer-centric communications in an increasingly multi-channel environment. Evaluates and responds to key factors relating to the implementation, measurement and review of successful campaigns. Makes a significant contribution to the development and communication of the organisation’s strategy for the use of media to engage and involve stakeholders. Uses appropriate channels for getting the organisation’s messages across and delivered to the highest professional standard.
- Formulating strategies and concepts – Works strategically to realise organisational goals. Sets and develops strategies. Identifies and develops positive and compelling visions of the organisation’s future potential. Takes account of a wide range of issues across, and related to, the organisation.
- Creating and innovating – Produces new ideas, approaches or insights. Creates innovative products or designs. Produces a range of solutions to problems. Seeks opportunities for business improvement. Devises effective change initiatives.
- Persuading and influencing – Makes a strong personal impression on others. Gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating. Promotes ideas on behalf of self or others. Makes effective use of political processes to influence and persuade others.
- Deciding and initiating action – Makes prompt, clear decisions which may involve tough choices or considered risks. Takes responsibility for actions, projects and people. Takes initiative, acts with confidence and works under own direction. Initiates and generates activity.
- Leading and supervising – Provides others with a clear direction. Sets appropriate standards of behaviour. Delegates work appropriately and fairly. Motivates and empowers others. Provides staff with development opportunities and coaching. Recruits staff of a high calibre.
- Relating and networking – Establishes good relationships with customers and staff. Builds wide and effective network of contacts inside and outside the organisation. Relates well to people at all levels. Manages conflict. Uses humour appropriately to enhance relationships with others.
- Presenting and communicating information – Speaks clearly and fluently. Expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly. Makes presentations and undertakes public speaking with skill and confidence. Responds quickly to the needs of an audience and to their reactions and feedback. Projects credibility.
- Planning and organising – Sets clearly defined objectives. Plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances. Manages time effectively. Identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks. Monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
- Coping with pressures and setbacks – Works productively in a high-pressure environment. Keeps emotions under control during difficult situations. Balances the demands of work life and personal life. Maintains a positive outlook at work. Handles criticism well and learns from it
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or another relevant subject is highly desirable.
- Strong previous experience in a similar role is essential.
- Extensive prior marketing experience on an international scale is essential.
- Previous team leadership experience is essential.
- Prior experience in SAAS or IoT environments is highly desirable.
Why Work with Us
This is a great time to join an agile and fast growing technology company that’s taking on the world. Coretex is the kind of company that gives you the opportunity to make a difference.
The Coretex team is driven, professional and focused. We’re big on teamwork and open doors. We are passionate about providing our customers with the best technology and experience, and we like to have fun while we’re doing so.
The development and growth opportunities are as unlimited as our business growth – locally and internationally.
The position will be based in Newmarket, Auckland
Get in touch.
Please provide a covering letter and attach your C.V.