Coretex is a world-leading technology company that creates innovative fleet management and IOT solutions for organisations that operate in mission-critical environments. Our start-up culture and ‘can-do’ attitude helps us take on the best and win. Our proprietary technology platform helps organisations run more efficiently and comply with complex legislation through intelligent use of data gathered directly from fleet assets.
Coretex has customers all over the globe. Our business is run from offices in New York, San Diego, Auckland, and Sydney. We have ambitious growth plans that will see us further expand operations over the coming weeks, months and years.
At Coretex we believe that technology should be used to create a safer, cleaner and more productive society. The world’s resources are under increasing pressure - to keep growing, we have got to figure out how to do more with less.
Our goal is to help operators drive better business results by improving their asset utilization, reducing fuel consumption and minimising the wear and tear on people and machines - all whilst ensuring that operators remain compliant with all relevant legislation.
Purpose of this Role
To manage and automate operations, build, configuration and deployment infrastructure management using Azure. The development of CI/CD pipelines to support a real-time application platform will be a crucial part of your role.
The outcomes listed below describe the tasks the DevOps Engineer may be expected to carry out. This list is indicative of the role and is not exhaustive.
- Developing continuous integration and delivery systems to support the ever changing workload, complexity and scale of the SaaS operation.
- Developing and supporting of cloud infrastructure that is supporting our products as infrastructure as code.
- Management and automation of operations, build, configuration and deployment infrastructure management using Azure (AWS experience is a bonus).
- Monitoring and troubleshooting of our applications and infrastructure 24/7 roster based oncall support.
- Ensuring compliance of our systems to the various criteria posed by our clients and certifications.
- Upskilling, mentoring and knowledge transfer of colleagues as required.
- MSSQL DB optimization and troubleshooting.
- Building and championing organisation wide pipeline and workflow.
- Other duties as reasonably required.
Quality / Health & Safety Accountability
All staff are authorised to take suitable action to prevent, avoid and where possible eliminate quality and health and safety issues within their job area. Coretex Position Description
- Engineering skills – MS Azure, .Net, TeamCity/Octopus, PowerShell.
- DevOps – minimum of intermediate skill level.
- Applying expertise and technology - Applies specialist and detailed technical expertise. Develops job knowledge and expertise through continual professional development. Shares expertise and knowledge with others. Uses technology to achieve work objectives. Demonstrates an understanding of different organisational departments and functions.
- Creating and innovating - Produces new ideas, approaches or insights. Creates innovative products or designs. Produces a range of solutions to problems. Seeks opportunities for organisational improvement.
- Planning and organising - Sets clearly defined objectives. Plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances. Manages time effectively. Identifies and organises resources need to accomplish tasks. Monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations - Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction. Sets high standards for quality and quantity. Monitors and maintains quality and productivity. Works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way. Consistently achieves project goals.
- Adapting and responding to change - Adapts to changing circumstances. Accepts new ideas and change initiatives. Adapts interpersonal style to suit different people or situations. Shows respect and sensitivity towards cultural and religious differences. Deals with ambiguity, making positive use of the opportunities it presents.
- Coping with pressures and setbacks - Works productively in a high pressure environment. Keeps emotions under control during difficult situations. Balances the demands of work life and personal life. Maintains a positive outlook at work. Handles criticism well and learns from it.
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject is highly desirable.
- Previous relevant experience in DevOps with Azure environments is essential.
- Previous SaaS experience is highly desirable.
Why Work with Us
This is a great time to join an agile and fast growing technology company that’s taking on the world. Coretex is the kind of company that gives you the opportunity to make a difference.
The Coretex team is driven, professional and focused. We’re big on teamwork and open doors. We are passionate about providing our customers with the best technology and experience, and we like to have fun while we’re doing so.
The development and growth opportunities are as unlimited as our business growth – locally and internationally.
The position will be based in Newmarket, Auckland
Get in touch.
Please provide a covering letter and attach your C.V.