Business Development Coordinator
Coretex is a world-leading technology company that creates innovative fleet management and IOT solutions for organisations that operate in mission-critical environments. Our start-up culture and ‘can-do’ attitude helps us take on the best and win. Our proprietary technology platform helps organisations run more efficiently and comply with complex legislation through intelligent use of data gathered directly from fleet assets.
Coretex has customers all over the globe. Our business is run from offices in New York, San Diego, Auckland, and Sydney. We have ambitious growth plans that will see us further expand operations over the coming weeks, months and years.
At Coretex we believe that technology should be used to create a safer, cleaner and more productive society. The world’s resources are under increasing pressure - to keep growing, we have got to figure out how to do more with less.
Our goal is to help operators drive better business results by improving their asset utilization, reducing fuel consumption and minimising the wear and tear on people and machines - all whilst ensuring that operators remain compliant with all relevant legislation.
Purpose of this Role
To promote and expand our ANZ business across the range of our product verticals and solutions, through ensuring the Business Development Managers’ (BDMs’) time in the field is fully utilised. When the system is operating efficiently the BDM should have a minimum of 4 meaningful sales interactions per day, and they should be forward scheduled two weeks in advance.
The outcomes listed below describe the tasks the Business Development Coordinator may be expected to carry out. This list is indicative of the role and is not exhaustive.
- Appointment setting from campaigns.
- Coordinating and scheduling activities in line with the standardized sales process.
- Calendaring and travel arrangements.
- Managing and updating CRM.
- Forward scheduling of BDMs.
- Document activity appropriately within the business CRM.
- Provide continual feedback to colleagues on customer information as appropriate.
- Capturing and delegating non sales activities to the appropriate internal functions
- Provide the link between the field based sales resources and the broader business, including product, engineering, support and operations.
- Other duties as reasonably required
Quality / Health & Safety Accountability
All staff are authorised to take suitable action to prevent, avoid and where possible eliminate quality and health and safety issues within their job area.
- Sales support – Communicates effectively with customers by telephone and in person. Assists in the provision of customer service, including technical advice and guidance on matters bearing on the successful use of products and services. Assists in devising solutions to customer requirements and solves straightforward problems.
- Persuading and influencing – Makes a strong personal impression on others. Gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating. Promotes ideas on behalf of self or others. Makes effective use of political processes to influence and persuade others.
- Presenting and communicating information – Speaks clearly and fluently. Expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly. Makes presentations and undertakes public speaking with skill and confidence. Responds quickly to the needs of an audience and to their reactions and feedback. Projects credibility.
- Planning and organising – Sets clearly defined objectives. Plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances. Manages time effectively. Identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks. Monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
- Relating and networking – Establishes good relationships with customers and staff. Builds wide and effective network of contacts inside and outside the organisation. Relates well to people at all levels. Manages conflict. Uses humour appropriately to enhance relationships with others.
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations – Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction. Sets high standards for quality and quantity. Monitors and maintains quality and productivity. Works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way. Consistently achieves project goals.
- Following instructions and procedures - Appropriately follows instructions from others without unnecessarily challenging authority. Follows procedures and policies. Keeps to schedules. Arrives punctually for work and meetings. Able to take a big-picture view and understand the context alongside required policies and procedures. Demonstrates commitment to the organisation. Complies with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.
- Adapting and responding to change – Adapts to changing circumstances. Accepts new ideas and change initiatives. Adapts interpersonal style to suit different people or situations. Shows respect and sensitivity towards cultural and religious differences. Deals with ambiguity, making positive use of the opportunities it presents.
- Coping with pressures and setbacks – Works productively in a high-pressure environment. Keeps emotions under control during difficult situations. Balances the demands of work life and personal life. Maintains a positive outlook at work. Handles criticism well and learns from it.
- Achieving personal work goals and objectives - Accepts and tackles demanding goals with enthusiasm. Works hard and puts in longer hours when it is necessary. Identifies development strategies needed to achieve career goals and makes use of developmental or training opportunities. Seeks progression to roles of increased responsibility and influence.
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject is highly desirable.
- Previous experience in a similar role is essential.
- Proven successful track record of exceeding targets or KPIs is essential.
- Very strong previous experience driving sales in an IoT or SaaS business is highly desirable.
- Proven technical aptitude and curiosity.
Why Work with Us
This is a great time to join an agile and fast growing technology company that’s taking on the world. Coretex is the kind of company that gives you the opportunity to make a difference.
The Coretex team is driven, professional and focused. We’re big on teamwork and open doors. We are passionate about providing our customers with the best technology and experience, and we like to have fun while we’re doing so.
The development and growth opportunities are as unlimited as our business growth – locally and internationally.
The position will be based in Newmarket, Auckland.
Get in touch.
Please provide a covering letter and attach your C.V.