Coretex is a world-leading technology company that creates innovative fleet management and IOT solutions for organisations that operate in mission-critical environments. Our start-up culture and ‘can-do’ attitude helps us take on the best and win. Our proprietary technology platform helps organisations run more efficiently and comply with complex legislation through intelligent use of data gathered directly from fleet assets.
Coretex has customers all over the globe. Our business is run from offices in New York, San Diego, Auckland, and Sydney. We have ambitious growth plans that will see us further expand operations over the coming weeks, months and years.
At Coretex we believe that technology should be used to create a safer, cleaner and more productive society. The world’s resources are under increasing pressure - to keep growing, we have got to figure out how to do more with less.
Our goal is to help operators drive better business results by improving their asset utilization, reducing fuel consumption and minimising the wear and tear on people and machines - all whilst ensuring that operators remain compliant with all relevant legislation.
Purpose of this Role
You will be responsible for eliciting, documenting, recommending and implementing solutions for the ongoing health and evolution of our products. You will provide a key link between our Product and Engineering teams, ensuring our product development and customer solutions are well aligned.
The outcomes listed below describe the tasks you may be expected to carry out. This list is indicative of the role and is not exhaustive.
- Documenting clear problem statements, eliminating obscure descriptions of problems/requirements to go through probing and questioning, refining problem statements to align with business process strategic initiatives.
- Investigate alternatives and document options, weighing and considering risks of recommendations prior to proposal including holistic impacts on wider business and/or future direction.
- Collect data to make informed decisions.
- Wholistic thinking of impacts on wider business and/or future business direction.
- Document both functional and non-functional requirements to the level appropriate for the project and business process being developed (i.e. process automation), ensuring they meet the objectives and are complete, concise, accurate, unambiguous and up to date.
- Collect data to make adequate decisions
- Preparation of documentation and reporting.
- Devise and design business process recommendations, where required.
- Validate recommendations and business impacts through engagement with business stakeholders, prior to presentation.
- Formal presentation of recommendations and potential impacts, to colleagues and stakeholders as required.
- Ensure requirements are agreed by project stakeholders prior to the start of development (unless agreed otherwise).
- Ensure relevant stakeholders are engaged with project, and functional resources are available.
- Ensure project progress to the determined implementation milestones, facilitating when necessary.
- Report to management when implementation is pivoting from agreed recommendation and probable impact on outcomes agreed.
- Ensure assigned tasks are kept updated and completed (to the best of abilities).
- Work effectively and efficiently within the project team environment to help ensure success of the project. This includes working on priority tasks first and assisting others in the completion of their tasks if necessary.
- Bring issues to the attention of the project team in a timely fashion, proposing solutions as appropriate.
- Be proactive in your communication
- Work in a manner that enhances team spirit and overall team output, sharing knowledge and experience to help develop the team.
- Stay up-to-date with trends and developments relevant to the position.
- Work closely with the Product and Engineering teams to facilitate communication and sharing of information.
- Other duties as reasonably required.
Quality / Health & Safety Accountability
All staff are authorised to take suitable action to prevent, avoid and where possible eliminate quality and health and safety issues within their job area.
- Business Analysis - Takes responsibility for investigative work to determine business requirements and specify effective business processes, through improvements in information systems, information management, practices, procedures, and organisation change. Selects, adopts and adapts appropriate business analysis methods, tools and techniques; selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches. Collaborates with stakeholders at all levels, in the conduct of investigations for strategy studies, business requirements specifications and feasibility studies. Prepares business cases which define potential benefits, options for achieving these benefits through development of new or changed processes, and associated business risks.
- Requirements Definition and Management - Plans and drives scoping, requirements definition and prioritisation activities for large, complex initiatives. Selects, adopts and adapts appropriate requirements definition and management methods, tools and techniques selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches. Obtains input from, and formal agreement to, requirements from a diverse range of stakeholders. Negotiates with stakeholders to manage competing priorities and conflicts. Establishes requirements baselines. Ensures changes to requirements are investigated and managed. Contributes to the development of organisational methods and standards.
- Change Implementation Planning and Management - Creates the business readiness plan, taking into consideration IT deployment, data migration, capability deployment (training and engagement activities) and any business activities required to integrate new digital processes or jobs into the "business as usual" environment. Determines the readiness levels of business users with regard to upcoming changes; uncovers readiness gaps and creates and implements action plans to close the gaps prior to going live. Assists the user community in the provision of transition support and change planning, and liaises with the project team. Monitors and reports progress on business readiness targets, business engagement activity, training design and deployment activities, key operational metrics and return to productivity measures. Defines the series and sequence of activities to bring stakeholders to the required level of commitment, prior to going live.
- Relationship Management - Identifies the communications and relationship needs of stakeholder groups. Translates communications/stakeholder engagement strategies into specific activities and deliverables. Facilitates open communication and discussion between stakeholders, acting as a single point of contact by developing, maintaining and working to stakeholder engagement strategies and plans. Provides informed feedback to assess and promote understanding. Facilitates business decision-making processes. Captures and disseminates technical and business information.
- Programming / Software Development - Designs, codes, verifies, tests, documents, amends and refactors simple programs/scripts. Applies agreed standards and tools, to achieve a well-engineered result. Reviews own work.
- Relating and Networking – Establishes good relationships with customers and staff. Builds wide and effective networks of contacts inside and outside the the company. Relates well to people at all levels. Manages conflict. Uses humour appropriately to enhance relationships with others.
- Presenting and Communicating Information – Speaks clearly and fluently. Expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly. Makes presentations and speaks in front of others with skill and confidence. Responds quickly to the needs of an audience and to their reactions and feedback. Projects credibility.
- Writing and Reporting – Writes clearly, succinctly and correctly. Writes convincingly in an engaging and expressive manner. Avoids the unnecessary use of jargon or complicated language. Writes in a well structured and logical way. Structures information to meet the needs and understanding of the intended audience.
- Creating and Innovating – Produces new ideas, approaches or insights. Creates innovative products or designs. Produces a range of solutions to problems. Seeks opportunities for improvement. Devises effective change initiatives.
- Planning and Organising – Sets clearly defined objectives. Plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances. Manages time effectgively. Identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks. Monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
- Coping with Pressures and Setbacks – Works productively in a high pressure environment. Keeps emotions under control during difficult situations. Balances the demands of work life and personal life. Maintains a positive outlook at work. Handles criticism well and learns from it.
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline is highly desirable.
Previous experience in a similar role is essential.
- Prior telematics experience is desirable.
- Proven technical aptitude and curiosity.
- Confident presenter with experience delivering proposals to executives to delivering training to the sales and services team.
- Great communication (written and verbal).
- Ability to travel as needed.
Why Work with Us
This is a great time to join an agile and fast growing NZ technology company that’s taking on the world. Coretex is the kind of company that gives you the opportunity to make a difference.
The Coretex team is driven, professional and focused. We’re big on teamwork and open doors. We are passionate about providing our customers with the best technology and experience, and we like to have fun while we’re doing so.
The development and growth opportunities are as unlimited as our business growth – locally and internationally.
The position will be based in Newmarket, Auckland.
Get in touch.
Please provide a covering letter and attach your C.V.