Senior Software Developer
Coretex is a world-leading technology company that creates innovative fleet management and IOT solutions for organisations that operate in mission-critical environments. Our start-up culture and ‘can-do’ attitude helps us take on the best and win. Our proprietary technology platform helps organisations run more efficiently and comply with complex legislation through intelligent use of data gathered directly from fleet assets.
Coretex has customers all over the globe. Our business is run from offices in New York, San Diego, Auckland, and Sydney. We have ambitious growth plans that will see us further expand operations over the coming weeks, months and years.
At Coretex we believe that technology should be used to create a safer, cleaner and more productive society. The world’s resources are under increasing pressure - to keep growing, we have got to figure out how to do more with less.
Our goal is to help operators drive better business results by improving their asset utilization, reducing fuel consumption and minimising the wear and tear on people and machines - all whilst ensuring that operators remain compliant with all relevant legislation.
Purpose of this Role
Responsible for developing and maintaining core software platforms including Coretex 360, Coretex IBRIGHT and Integration APIs.
The outcomes listed below describe the tasks the Senior Software Developer may be expected to carry out. This list is indicative of the role and is not exhaustive.
- Develop and maintain the Coretex 360 platform.
- Develop and maintain the Coretex IBRIGHT platform.
- Help develop any new product or platform the company decides on doing.
- Assist with deployment of software environments.
- Building and deploying softwares.
- Work with the team lead and project manager to manage timeframes and deliverable planning.
- Work with the solution architect to produce and understand system architecture.
The Senior Software Developer role reports directly to the Head of Engineering but works closes with the team lead assigned to his/her team.
This role will require effective relationships with the following teams and roles:
- Team lead
- Software Developers
- Mobile Engineers
- Hardware & firmware Engineers
- Other members of the engineering group
- Product management team
- Project management team
Team Member Responsibilities
In consultation with management and your team;
- Establish the most appropriate work and project related goals.
- Ensure goals can be directly related to company objectives.
- Break goals down into specific, achievable and measurable objectives for team.
- Document these to form a suitable work Plans.
- Schedule regular meetings with your supervisor to review progress against plans.
Quality / Health & Safety Accountability
All staff are authorised to take suitable action to prevent, avoid and where possible eliminate quality and health and safety issues within their job area.
- C# .Net 3.5 & 4.0
- Web Services
- SQL Server 2014
- Strong development skills
- Superior analysis and design abilities
- Superior problem solving skills
- Superior technical integration skills
- Agile methodology
Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential. Both written and oral.
A Bachelor's degree or higher qualification in engineering or computer science, or related discipline and 5+ years of progressively responsible experience for the engineering function in a company or division of a large corporation is a prerequisite for this position.
Why Work with Us
This is a great time to join an agile and fast growing NZ technology company that’s taking on the world. Coretex is the kind of company that gives you the opportunity to make a difference.
The Coretex team is driven, professional and focused. We’re big on teamwork and open doors. We are passionate about providing our customers with the best technology and experience, and we like to have fun while we’re doing so.
The development and growth opportunities are as unlimited as our business growth – locally and internationally.
The position will be based in Grafton, Auckland
Get in touch.
Please provide a covering letter and attach your C.V.